The magical island Bali is one of the most favored destinations for travelers. Be it the young couples or the nature lovers, Bali has something to offer to everyone. It is the land of numerous temples, historical sites, and spots of natural beauty. Surf, hike, trek or shop, Bali has everything to keep you busy. If you are looking for the Best Places to Visit in Bali, here we have curated a list for you:
- Tanah Lot Temple: Among all the sea temples located in Bali, Tanah Lot is the most sacred and iconic Temple. Thanks to its spectacular seaside setting on a rocky islet surrounded by crashing waves, it becomes mesmerizingly breathtaking with every look that you take. Its unique offshore setting and sunset backdrops make Tanah Lot Temple as one of the most important landmarks in Bali.
- Mount Batur: Mount Batur is a sacred active volcano located in Kintamani District. Before it is dawn, people start trekking up the 1,700-meter summit of Mount Batur to watch the sunrise. It is one of the top things to do in Bali. The trek takes 2- 3 hours and very easy to do.
- Uluwatu Temple: This temple is considered as one of the 6 spiritual pillars of Bali. Located at 70 meters above sea level, Uluwatu temple is known for its magnificent location. The best time to visit this temple is sunset time. It is believed that this temple protects Bali from evil sea spirits and monkeys around the entrance of this temple safeguards the temple from bad influences.
- Ubud Monkey Forest: A home to a horde of grey long-tailed macaques, this Sacred Monkey Forest of Padangtegal, is one of the Ubud’s most popular attractions. Located at easy walking distance from guesthouses, resorts and Ubud town center, the site offers cool walks along paved pathways through a leafy nutmeg forest.
- Ubud Art Market: This market is the center of Balinese art and culture. The Art lovers can gaze and praise the Museums of Art and Art Galleries. If shopping for art is your love then this is the right place to be at.
- Jatiluwih Rice Terraces: These green rice fields are truly exotic and breathtaking. The photographer in you will admire every angle chosen to click a snap. This place is a treat to your soul and you would love to appreciate its beauty.
- Pura Ulun Danu Bratan: Pura Ulun Dhanu is Bali’s most picturesque temple located at the western shore of Lake Bratan. The image of this temple beautifully reflects on the lake and when the water level of the lake rises, the temples seem to be floating. The temple complex is dedicated to Devi Danu, goddess of the sea and lakes.
- Kuta Beach: This famous Beach offers an amazing fun day out. It is perfect for the naive surfers and for those who wish to spend a leisure day at the beach. You can rent surfboards and book surf lessons, boogie boards, sun loungers, and umbrellas directly from vendors set up on the sand. You can visit & relax at any of the cafes and restaurants bordered the beach.
- Sekumpul Waterfall: This waterfall is a series of seven waterfalls and is considered as Bali’s most beautiful falls. You can relax and cool off with a refreshing swim at the base of the falls. Trek towards Sekumpul Waterfall is a great adventure for nature lovers who want a taste of wild Bali which is far away from the crowd.
Apart from all of the above, you can also visit The Nusa Islands, The Sideman Valley, Tirta Empul Temple, Besakih Temple, Bali Safari & Marine Park, and Goa Gajah. Bali has endless emotions and joy to offer you. This place will certainly bring a smile to your face.